Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate - General Discussion
Unanswered

SessionCreationError - Cannot create new session to execute unattended run

Posted on by 2
I am getting 'SessionCreationError - Cannot create new session to execute unattended run'.

• This error occurs intermittently and randomly, without changing configuration.
  • The error occurs in about 30 secs to 1 min of running the 'Run Desktop Flow' Action. 
  • I have no problems when running in attended mode.
  • I have tried expanding the 'SessionCreationTimeout' (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/power-platform/power-automate/desktop-flows/sessioncreationtimeout-error-code)
  • I followed the steps in https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/power-platform/power-automate/desktop-flows/troubleshoot-session-creation-errrors
  • The account I am using is the same I use when running attended.
  • I can connect with the same credentials to the VM via Remote Desktop Protocol.
  • I tried restarting the computer before, logging out and making sure no other user in logged in the Virtual Machine.
  • I tried in a different Virtual Machine with the same results.
  • It also fails when running with a Scheduler trigger. 
  • I checked the Power Automate services and they seem to work fine in the computer. 
  • I checked for any Firewall or antivirus blockade.
  • I assigned the proper "Power Automate Process" licence to the environment.
  • The machine is assigned to the environment and it shows 'Connected' every time in the app. 
  • I tried with different configurations in Power Automate app.
  • I updated to the last Power Automate Desktop versión (currently 2.48.153.24261)

• The most strage thing is that the issue happens randomly (about 4 of 5 executions).
If anyone is facing the same problem or has solved it, I will appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics