Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Apps Experimental Features
Unanswered

'Focus out' of TriggerOutput in Text Input (Preview) contorl of PowerApps

Posted on by 2
Authoring version 3.24092.17 of PowerApps

The "focus out" option in the trigger output of the Text Input (Preview) control in PowerApps is not working as expected. In previous versions, the OnChange event was only triggered when the mouse clicked outside the Text Input area. Now, the OnChange event is triggered after staying in the input box for about 2 seconds, which seems like 'focus out' is equal to 'delay'.  I look forward to a fix for this issue.

Felix
  • scalca Profile Picture
    scalca 139 on at
    probably because it is still in preview there are some issues to the control.
    Its always a good choice to not rely on preview features in a production environment as recommended by Microsoft. That's probably not the answer you were looking for.
  • PrasanthB Profile Picture
    PrasanthB 4 on at
    I also face the same issue. It used to trigger when the user clicked outside the text input field, but after the recent update, 'Focus out' does not work from the drop-down. It behaves the same as Keypress. Is there any fix for this?
  • CU11061437-0 Profile Picture
    CU11061437-0 2 on at
    I noticed the same, FocusOut still triggers the OnChange event. But it should only trigger when you do focus out. Has anyone found a fix to this? Might just need to use classic control then. Hopefully, MS didn't break that one.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics