Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Flows
Suggested answer

Flow trigger problems

Posted on by 74
I am struggling with what should be a simple filter on a Flow for when a row is added.  I want to only trigger the flow if a lookup field nsr_product contains a specific GUID.

My starting point was this in Filter Rows:

nsr_product eq 'GUID value'  (clearly, I entered the correct 26 character GUID value)

I was then advised to try this:

_nsr_product_value eq 'GUID Value'

and _nsr_product_value eq guid'GUID Value'

None of these worked.  I then tried using the settings to add a trigger condition of:

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/nsr_product'], 'GUID Value')

None of these approaches have triggered the flow when I run it so I am completely lost now and have no idea what to try next.  Can anyone help please?
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    rzaneti Profile Picture
    rzaneti 3,103 on at
    Flow trigger problems
    Hi @Nettsales,

This is a weird behavior from the trigger! 

I recommend you to turn off the flow and duplicate it, to test if this clone is working. You can either use the Save as feature, or rebuild it from zero. 

In this thread https://community.powerplatform.com/forums/thread/details/?threadid=682dd0e3-4215-4086-b85c-cd2aa76b01c6, this approach worked for a similar issue. If you are not comfortable in duplicating the flow, then just create a new one with the same trigger (using the TLC bookings table as input), so we can test if the new rows are being captured at this time.

If this approach still doesn't work, please double check if you have two tables with the same name (TLC bookings) in your environment.

Let me know if it works for you or if you need any additional help!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this is the answer for your question, please mark the post as Solved.
    If this answer helps you in any way, please give it a like.
  • Nettsales Profile Picture
    Nettsales 74 on at
    Flow trigger problems
    Hi Rzaneti,

Good suggestion!  Interestingly the flow does not trigger when a new row is added into the database even after all the conditions have been removed:

I've also checked and administration mode is disabled for this environment.  So I have no idea why this flow is not triggering when a new TLC Booking row is created.  Any idea where I can start?
  • rzaneti Profile Picture
    rzaneti 3,103 on at
    Flow trigger problems

In this case, I recommend you to double check if your trigger is capturing the Added event:

If your change type is correct, then I recommend you to remove the trigger condition and add any record to your table, just to confirm if the flow is running properly without a condition. 

If the flow runs without the condition, please add a different GUID as trigger condition and test it. 

After that, let me know your findings, so we can move forward!

• Nettsales Profile Picture
    Nettsales 74 on at
    Flow trigger problems
    Thanks for that Rzaneti, but the flow does not fire in my setting.  Can I please check, I have applied the suggested text here in the trigger conditions:

I checked the field name in the Outputs and it was exactly as you suggested and definitely a lookup field to the act products table.  I have checked and double checked the GUID yet the flow does not trigger.

Anything else I can try?

THanks!
  • Suggested answer
    rzaneti Profile Picture
    rzaneti 3,103 on at
    Flow trigger problems
    Hi,

First, check the trigger body outputs and identify how the id column for the lookup field is called (based on what you already shared, it probably will be '_nsr_product_value '). In the example below, I identified that in my environment the relevant property is _dm_laptop_value:

Once you identify it, go to your trigger conditions and add the following: @equals(triggerOutputs()?['body']['_dm_laptop_value'], '26ad11b1-017a-ef11-ac20-000d3a0c8b40')

Replace the text in green for your actual property name, and the value in blue for the desired GUID. 

For testing the flow, I added 3 rows to the table, where only the records with Id 1 and 3 should be captured, due the trigger condition:

As expected, I had only 2 flow runs, and the captured records match to the lookup GUID set in the trigger condition:

Let me know if it works for you or if you need any additional help!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this is the answer for your question, please mark the post as Solved.
    If this answer helps you in any way, please give it a like.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics