Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Apps Governance and Administering
Unanswered

Trying to share an app, get HTTP error 400 on the sharing dialog

Posted on by 54
We have a model driven app that is being developed, and published from a development environment to a testing environment using Power Platform Pipelines. Today I was trying to share the app with a bunch of testers, but when I open the "Share" pane, it shows "Request failed with status code 400" error banner. No existing users or groups are shown, and even though I can search for users to share with, I can't select any Roles to assign to them.

I am fairly sure this used to work a while back as I have granted some users access to this app before. Another (Canvas) app sharing works normally in the same environment.

I am a System Administrator in this environment. I also have a custom role assigned to users of that app.

What can be wrong here, where do I start looking? The error is once again quite unhelpful...
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    kch2023 Profile Picture
    kch2023 3 on at
    Trying to share an app, get HTTP error 400 on the sharing dialog
    I've been having the same issue.  To resolve it I went into the Advanced settings selected Apps.  On the app I am working with I selected the "..." and them selected "Manage Roles".  I had to reassign my roles to the app.  Afterwards I was able to go back to the main screen and Share my app with the desired people. 
    "

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics