Skip to main content

Notifications

Building model-driven apps with Microsoft Datav...
Unanswered

Ribbon Workbench does not work on main grid for custom activity table

Posted on by

Hi Community,

I have a model driven app. My main view contains a list of records from a custom activity table. I need a custom button to run a JavaScript that will call a custom page (custom custom custom :D). The new OOB command tool does not support this (I get the error "Custom activity tables are not supported for the Main grid command bar", see screenshot). So I am trying to use Ribbon Workbench to create such button in the command bar. 

I've done this before for buttons in main grid of system and custom tables (both standard and activity tables), for subgrid and main form of custom activity tables. All good. Hide actions on main grid for custom activity table work too. But this time (new button main grid for custom activity table) the button doesn't show up after publishing :(

I tried first with my use case: 

- Action: call JavaScript

- Enable rule: minimum one row selected

After publishing, refresh a million times, clearing web data++ nothing shows up.

I tried to simplify it and created a plain button with no action, no display rule, no enable rule. Nothing. The same type of simple button will show up in the main form (I created a new button, pointing to the same command).

What am I doing wrong here? Appreciate any tips 🙏

Regards,

Ginny

Categories:

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics