Skip to main content

Notifications

Building model-driven apps with Microsoft Datav...
Unanswered

Opening a custom page and passing parameters via a URL

Posted on by 193
In my scenario, I have a custom page that allows users to open and interact with a specific record as part of our workflow, which includes typing or scanning a barcode on a label to get that specific record. Then can then update dates and statuses, that part isn't important. 

The workflow involves updating this information while at different locations (dropping off something at a specific site and recording that in real time), and I am trying to figure out how best to accomplish this. First, I used my existing knowledge and decided to add the "Barcode Reader" tool to the custom page (which I have never actually used before) but it wouldn't open in the app on my phone. I assume this might not work when using it through a custom page and not a regular canvas app. 

My next thought was that maybe I could have the barcode that is scanned be a URL that links to the custom page and passes the record ID as a parameter, but I am not sure if this is possible either. The only information I can find is how to do this for a Canvas app, but not a custom page. 

Any recommendations on how to achieve this would be great. 
Categories:
  • CAH2035 Profile Picture
    CAH2035 193 on at
    @FLMike

I want to provide users with a URL to a custom page of a model-driven app that contains one or more parameters that I can then access in the custom page using the Param() function. 

• FLMike Profile Picture
    FLMike 26,301 on at
    Hi

Honestly I am confused at what you want, most of its you explaining what you tired and didn't work.

If you write down the clear step by step instructions you need to be meet that would help, help you.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics