Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate - General Discussion
Unanswered

Regarding retrieve all messages in a Viva group using Get messages in a group (V3)

Posted on by 8
I want to use the following connectors of Viva Engage in Power Automate to retrieve all past messages from a specific Viva group, but I am unable to retrieve all of them.
I remember that in V1 ,V2 connectors, there was a limit of 20 messages that could be retrieved.
In V3, I was able to retrieve more than 20 messages, and although I haven't tested the upper limit, I was able to retrieve up to 2000 messages.
The problem is that it seems not all Viva messages can be retrieved.
There are no specific errors occurring. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the messages that cannot be retrieved.
For example, it is not the case that messages with long text or messages with attachments are consistently not retrievable.
Are there others who are using the V3 connector and facing similar issues? Is the V3 connector still insufficient in this regard?
The options are as follows:

â– options/parameters
1)Older than
→ I have tried several times and set it based on the posting date and time of the most recent message.
I have confirmed that the most recent messages are being retrieved. It seems difficult to confirm the oldest messages, and there may be cases where they cannot be retrieved.
The biggest issue is that some messages in the middle cannot be extracted.

2)Thread type of messages: None specified
→ I understand that if not specified, all should be retrieved.

3)Limit: None specified

Other points to note → Regarding the messages retrieved from Viva, I am trying to register them in a SharePoint list, but there are no errors occurring in that process. Purely by using Get messages in a group (V3) to retrieve the messages without any errors, when I check the SharePoint list, there are some messages that have not been retrieved

Categories:

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics